Wednesday 4 March 2015

YCS round 2 Avertical, Dundee.



On Saturday morning I woke up tired, I had been at my cousins 21st party the night before and we hadn’t got home till after midnight. I had to get up quite early but we were out the door and on our way in less than an hour. Our big white van was very cold so I sat in a sleeping bag on our journey up to Avertical world in Dundee. 

Listening to Scott giving the briefing.

When we got there I met up with the other contestants in my group. We went round all of our routes and boulders. The routes certainly looked a lot harder than the others in the previous round but maybe that was because I hadn’t been to this centre before. We were all soon starting our warm-up, this was taken by Rachel Carr and after this we got into our group. We then went to our first boulder, I was second in the queue and I managed to top it. It was really hard though and I nearly fell off while going for a sloper. It wasn’t quick but we were soon on our second boulder, which I also managed to top. 
 
Full stretch.
We then went up the stairs to our first route; I think everybody managed to top that.
 I soon found myself climbing up my second route it was a little bit more difficult but I persevered and managed to top that route. I was really pleased as only a few managed to top this. We then went over to our final route which looked very, very difficult. I was one of the last up to try this route. Every move was very hard it took a lot of effort to stay on, my mum said she could see the relief on my face when I managed to clip in the rope at the last clip. 

This was hard!!!

The last boulder was a crazy traverse with every type off hold on it…but it was good fun but not one person managed this boulder. 
We waited anxiously for the results and I was surprised to find that I had drawn with both Carla and Hannah. This led to us having a super final.  Carla was first to try the route, I was second out. I tried really hard and managed to get to the second last clip.  That put me in first place. I was so pleased.

First Place.......

I am looking forward to the next round at Alien Rock which also happens to be my birthday. 

Thanks for all your support.



CC

No comments:

Post a Comment