Thursday 26 March 2015

Round 3 YCS 2015



Hi everyone, I’ve not had much time to update the blog this week so sorry for that.
Saturday was amazing, not only was it my birthday but, I went through to Alien Rock in Edinburgh with Mum, Dad and Scott for the 3rd and final round of the YCS 2015. It was once again a hard fought competition, with the setters putting up some seriously hard and tricky routes. 
Boulder problem.

One of my routes.
I managed 1st place again with Hannah and Carla coming in 2nd and 3rd, this was also the final result for the Series well done to us all, this means that all 3 of us are now in the Scotland squad and will compete in the British final on the 25th April at Ratho. 
Presentations, Photo by Sandy Carr

Well done to everyone who competed.
Mum had a big cake and I hope everyone had a piece, It was a bit embarrassing when Scott the organiser got everyone to sing “Happy Birthday” at the prize giving….
On the way home we stopped for a game of bowling then after dropping the dog off at home we went out for a meal, a great end to a fantastic day.
On Sunday it was my party day, Mum had booked a local hall and a disco and most of friends from school came along, thanks to everyone for all the presents.
 Can I thank everyone for their gifts for my birthday but also for supporting my climbing, without everyone’s encouragement I don’t think I could do it J.

No comments:

Post a Comment