Thursday 31 July 2014

TCA Summer comp 31st July


Hi everyone,
                      I've just got back from TCA (The Bouldering Academy, Glasgow). I was competing in the summer bouldering competition. I came 2nd in my age group and won a pair of climbing trousers and a climbing top. I really enjoyed it. out of a possible 176 points I got 96. I was really pleased!



 
Before we found out the results we went and got a burger. TCA sold the burgers. my brother came 4th. he was also pleased.

The comp was on a 10-7-5 format, this means that if you top the problem on the 1st attempt then you get 10 points, if you get it on your 2nd attempt then you get 7 points, if you get it on your 3rd attempt then you get 5 points but if you get it on your 4th or 5th attempt then you only get 1 point.

Every boulder had a bonus hold and if you got a controlled grip then you got a point added on to you total score. There was 15 problems to go and these were for all competitors regardless of age, I really enjoyed it!!!

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks where I will be trying out for a place on the TCA's youth bouldering team.

No comments:

Post a Comment